Official PayPal Seal

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Natural Lip Balm

My daughter and I use so much lip gloss, lip balm, carmex etc...... I started to think if I could slowly change the items my family uses the most to natural products the healthier we will be. Starting with lip balm or lip gloss. I found this supper easy recipe for an all natural lip balm. The recipe is below and it was a great project for my daughter and I to do. Check it out......

 
All you need is:
Coconut oil
Beeswax
Containers
Vitamin E

You will also need a grater for the beeswax and a purex or any microwavable glass.
 Basic ratio:
  • 2 parts coconut oil
  • 1 part beeswax
  • a few drops of vitamin E
I used 2 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of beeswax.
That measurement made 3 full 2oz containers

The vitamin E is not only good for your skin it also helps the shelf life. You can also add a few drops of food coloring and or essential oils.  
 
 
microwave for 1 min then stir.
it will take about 3 min total.
 
Pour into containers (be carful very hot)
Let set....
(Over night)
 
Your Lips Will Love You.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment